Monday, June 25, 2012

It's Over

Today is the last day of Jeff Goins'15 Habits of Great Writers Challenge, and I'm a bit bummed. Besides being extremely helpful, this was fun! Will I be able to stick with these productive writing habits? There will be days I fall short, no doubt. But I am committed to moving forward and sticking with it.

The most helpful habit for me was establishing a set time to write. Getting up at 5 a.m. was hard. After an hour of writing, my head was just getting clear. After two hours, my brain was creating faster than my fingers could produce. Many times I kept writing when time allowed. When quitting did time arrive, I didn't want to stop. Now comes the time to follow through. To continue writing, to prioritize and finish what I started and move on to the next project.

What part of the challenge resonated with you? If you didn't participate, what part of writing is easiest or hardest for you? Share in the comments.

I am a writer.

You are a writer.

Let's encourage each other along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Debra, the hardest for me is staying with one project. I write 2 blogs about my daughter and after attending the writer's conference, I have to complete 3 chapters of the book about her. I also need to submit magazine articles and the devotions to keep some $$ coming in. I have more ideas for articles than I think I can ever possibly write and I have many written that need to be submitted. I think I need a secretary that I don't have to pay :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free secretaries would be nice! I also have two sites and a book I'm working on. I want to spend a bit of time prioritizing the projects and defining the time I spend on each. We could spend 24/7 working and still feel behind. Let me know if you find a system that works for you.

      Delete